ECOTUBE T5 series is suitable for use in a wide range of fluorescent fittings for normal applications such as hospitals, schools, offices, shops, factories etc. It is highly recommended to use together with EcoLight® T5 FE range.
EcoLight® is designed to protect the environment and people. It not saves energy of up to 52%, but it means the original fittings are not made redundant, moreover their life span is increased indefinitely.
- EcoLight® T5 Series is designed to retrofit into existing fluorescent systems, resulting in a high rate of Energy saving (up to 52%).
- It provides the best solution to upgrade old type fittings using Electromagnetic Ballast to the very latest T5 electronic ballast technology and T5 florescent lamp technology.
- T5 is a new standard in fluorescent lamps (FLs) that has come into the market with a complete new set of dimensions and control gear, which are not interchangeable with T8 to T12 (FLs). There are considerable benefits to using this technology in relation to Cost, Quality & Environmental issues.
- By using "FIXTURE IN FIXTURE" concept, no wiring work and no qualified person is required for installation. The patented design is created by fitting a standard T5 fluorescent tube on a slim aluminium bracket to form a complete unit.
- No starter is required and installation is as easy as retrofitting a normal fluorescent tube.
Benefit from T5 technology
- The introduction of T5 fluorescent lighting technology offers working space optimal lighting quality and low energy consumption. EcoPower has considered every element of traditional lighting systems and developed, ECOTUBE T5 Series (FLs) as a solution to market demands.
- ECOTUBE incorporates the innovative New Generation tri-phosphor technology. As a result, lumen depreciation is virtually eliminated.
- ECOTUBE has only 10% depreciation over 10,000 hours and a rated life in excess of 15,000 hours, which reduces the maintenance cost, as lamps need replacing less frequently.
- T5 lamps use 40% less glass and 80% less mercury than in a traditional fluorescent tube. Less metal is used in the casing and less paper for the packaging.
- High lamp efficacies up to 94 lm/W
- Highly efficient 3- band fluorescent (tri-phosphor) coating in combination with pre coating technology
- Long lamp life (+15,000 hours) minimizes maintenance cost
- High energy saving (up to 52%) when used with EcoLight product
- Tri-phosphor coating gives good colour rendering (Ra > 85) and provides natural lighting colour
- Relatively high efficacy, both initially and during lamp lifetime, with high lumen maintenance
- Higher efficacy is achieved with EcoLight product
- Available colour designations create atmospheres from warm white to cool daylight
- Low mercury content does (< 3 mg)
- Standard G5 bi-pin cap and suitable for slim luminaries design
- Able to meet critical standard and hence become the customer’s first choice
- Warm start Ballast EE1 = A2
- 2 year warranty
- Lamp life of 20 000 hours
- Protection – open circuit, short circuit, gas discharge and cut out technology.
On site benefit:
Many enterprises are aware that that their electricity bill is a large portion of their total operating cost.
By using EcoLight® product, reducing electricity cost is simple and the saving rates guaranteed.
Ecolight believes that every R saved is another R of profit added to the bottom line.
Off site benefit:
- With the installation of EcoLight® product, the heat from each existing ballast will be reduced from above 80C to approximately 30C. This heat reduction will obviously bring a positive effect on reducing the running costs of the Air Conditioning Equipment, as this is an unknown amount we have not included these savings in our estimated ROI.
- By using EcoLight®, reliance on fossil fuels can be minimised, thus directly reducing CO2 emissions. On average for every 1kWh of energy produced by a coal power station, 1kg (2.2pound) of CO2 is produced. Burning natural gas for electricity production or water heating produces about 450grams of CO2 for every kWh of energy produced.
- Every 1000kg (tonne) of CO2 not produced is equal to the contribution of a Mature tree to the Environment.
- Moreover, thousands of litres of water will be saved at power stations as a result of this reduction in power generation.
Installation is simple and easy
Step1: Remove existing lamp tube
Step2: Replace the tube
Step3: Installation is completed
* This procedure is for Magnetic Ballast style fixtures. Use appropriate F-Adapter models for the existing ballast type.
- EN61347-2-3 EN55015 EN50022
- EN61347-1 EN61000-3-2 EN61000-4-2/-3
- EN60061-2 EN61547 /-4/-5/-6/-11
FE T5 Saving rates:
With Electro-magnetic Ballast
||Power rating of conventional fitting & T8 fluorescent tube
||Power rating of EcoLight T5 & T5 fluorescent tube
||Different between input power of T8 & T5
- Consider the case of a 50-storey building with total 100,000 luminaries.
- The existing lighting used 36W T8 fluorescent lamp and standard electromagnetic ballast.
- To optimize this type of lighting system, EcoLight T5/28FE model is recommended to convert the existing system.
- We calculate the electricity cost saved by EcoLight T5 System & the calculation is based on 12 hours operation per day and for 300 days per year.
- The Electricity cost per unit (kWh) is R 0.10